Glu Mobile (GLUU) reported earnings last night and we could not be more pleased with what we heard.
- Q1 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $47M (+90.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.55M.
- Announced key acquisition that will accelerate growth
A particularly exciting quote from the report for investors: “We are willing to trade some EBITDA out performance in 2014 for potentially exponential return in 2015. Both the 2015 Deer Hunter and 007 games will possess uniquely strong name recognition and differentiated core game play. I believe that never before in Glu’s history has so graded a potential existed for breakout revenue growth.”
We continue to like GLUU for several core reasons:
- The mobile gaming sector is expected to grow 30% per year
- GLUU has great record for monetizing games; all w/o major hit
- GLUU has not had to rely on one-hit wonders, unlike other popular gaming companies
These core reasons, plus a great Q1 earnings, and great guidance by management make GLUU one of our favorite picks.
To follow us more closely at Investor in the Family, be sure to subscribe by entering your info in the field to the right of this article and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Scutify, and even Pinterest.
***We have an exciting announcement for readers, through a special partnership with PTT Research, our readers can enjoy $500 off a lifetime membership to their service. PTT was one of the early groups to announce GLUU to its readers, don’t miss out on the next great pick. Check out our review of PTT Research and through the links provided, use discount code “faminvestor” at checkout. The code will only work through the links found in our article.