065 Dana Blankenhorn – Editing DNA and Predicting Heart Attacks: How to Make Money Investing in Biotech and the “Internet of Things”
Dana Blankenhorn has been a tech journalist for close to 40 years and an investor for 30. This translates into someone who not only knows tech, but knows how to invest in a way to capitalize on big trends that matter.
(Press play button to listen or click here to download.)
Some highlights from the interview:
- What it was like to buy Apple (AAPL) in 1993, only to sell as Steve Jobs returned to the company.
- Dana’s advice for weathering market pullbacks and corrections in the financial markets (SPY, DIA, QQQ).
- What the main theme of our time is and what it means for tech and your investments.
- The simple, fundamental factor that determines whether a tech company will make it or not and how Apple and Amazon (AMZN) have nailed this.
- How the current big trend in tech (Cloud Computing) is ushering in the next big trend (The Internet of Things) and how it could one day save your life.
- What happens when tech replaces jobs and dealing with the fact that tech is naturally deflationary.
- We also discuss the next, next big thing (Biotech) and the possibility of editing DNA like we edit computer code.
- Dana tells us what the best deal of the year has been and shares what it takes for you to win as a self-directed investor in the tech space.
Trust me, there’s plenty more where this came from. I hope you enjoy the interview.
Related Content You’ll Enjoy: