108 Ian Bezek – How The Fed Is Losing Control
Rising bond interest rates are a global phenomenon. Does this mean the search for yield is over?
With interest rates rising and the Fed hinting at a rate hike in December, the yield landscape is changing.
I sit down with Ian Bezek to discuss what’s going on and what we can do about it.
(Press play button to listen or click here to download.)
A quick overview:
- Are rising yields here to stay?
- Where is all the global optimism coming from?
- How much control does the Fed really have?
- Are the Fed and the Markets at odds over yields?
- How do the Fed, big banks, bonds, and interest rates all work together?
- What do the problems at Deutsche Bank (DB) tell us about the yield landscape?
- Are we on the brink of a recession?
Companies Referenced: 20+ year Tresuries (TLT), S&P 500 (SPY), 7-10 year Tresuries (IEF), 1-3 year Tresuries (SHY), PIMCO Total Return (BOND), Core Total US Bond (AGG), High Yield Corporate Bond (HYG)
I hope you enjoy the interview.
Content You’ll Also Like
108 – Ian Bezek Rising Bond Interest Rates – How The Fed Is Losing Control